Where to find your quotes
We’ll send you an email notification when you receive a new quote. Just click the link in the email to go straight to your dashboard to view your quotes, or log into your dashboard and locate the enquiry in the Dashboard or Enquiries tabs.
Information you'll receive with each quote
With each quote submitted you’ll receive details of:
- the lawyer/firm submitting the quote;
- the fee type and quote;
- details of any estimated disbursements (see below);
- any estimated timeline given;
- the lawyer/firm’s rating;
- a link to view the lawyer/firm's profile (which contains their full client rating & testimonial history); and
- any comments left by the lawyer/firm.
With each quote you’ll also see a link to shortlist that lawyer.
Types of fee quote
The quotes you receive will fall within one of four fee types:
- fixed fee – this is an all-inclusive fee for your job.
- estimate – this is how much the lawyer thinks the job will cost based on what you’ve told them (but the end fee could be more or less than what they’ve quoted).
- hourly rate – this means the lawyer will bill you at the rate stated for each hour’s work they do.
- initial consultation – this is how much the lawyer will charge for an initial discussion of your job before they can give you a better idea on fees.
The quote you receive won't include VAT (where applicable) or any disbursements (i.e. third party costs) which may be payable. There's no other fees payable to us or anyone else.
Disbursements are third party expenses associated with your job. For example, a divorce may incur court fees or a conveyance may incur registration fees.
Where a lawyer has included estimates of disbursements associated with your job, you can see details by clicking or hovering over ‘disbursements’ located below the fee quote on your Quotes page.
Please note: disbursements are estimates only based on the details you have provided and are subject to change after a full discussion of the facts of your case with your lawyer.